The AUSU Board Chair Responsibilities will include but not be limited the following:
- The Board Chair will act as the Chief of Governance of the AUSU board and is a specially empowered member of the board. The purpose of the Board Chair is to assure the integrity of the board’s process
- The expected outcome of the Chairs job is that the Board behaves consistently with Robert’s Rules at all meetings
- Meeting discussion content will typically only be those issues, which, according to Board policy, clearly belong to the Board to decide or to monitor
- Deliberation will be fair, open, and thorough, but also timely, orderly and kept to the point
- Information that is for neither monitoring performance nor board decisions will be avoided or minimized and always noted as such
- The authority of the Chair consists in making decisions that fall within the topics covered by board policies on Governance Process
- The Chair is empowered to facilitate board meetings with all the commonly accepted power of that position (e.g. ruling, recognizing)
- The Chair has no authority to make decisions about policies created by the board and therefore, has no authority to supervise or direct the President or the Executive committee
- The Chair may represent the board in announcing board-stated positions and in stating Chair decisions and interpretations within the areas delegated to them
- The Chair may delegate this authority but will remain accountable for its use
- The Chair must attend all meetings unless there is an extenuating circumstance
- The Chair is expected to facilitate the Budget and Planning Implementation Committee and other Committees as necessary
- To prepare an annual report for their successor, ensuring a smooth transition for the succeeding Chairperson
- Shall create/maintain a transition binder for the incoming Chairperson
- To complete other duties as required
The remuneration for this position will be paid by honorarium for each semester. The term for this position will begin in October, 2021 and end on April 30, 2022.
If you are looking for a challenging and deeply rewarding opportunity and you believe you meet the requirements to be successful in this role, Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com by Wednesday October 6th, 2021 at 4:00PM (EST)
AUSU is an equal opportunity employer who offers a diverse work environment. Applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.