The main duties of the AUSU Media Coordinator are, but not limited to the following:
Reporting to the Executive Director and Communications Officer, the AUSU Media Coordinator will work closely with the Vice President Student Life and the Executive Team as well as AUSU Staff for overall logistics of media production.
- Support the development of AUSU’s overarching communications and marketing strategies including publications, social media, visual and audio content creation, and brand building.
- Provides photography and videography support to internal events when possible and within scope of the role.
- Attends special events to take photos and assist with related communications activity as assigned (Orientation Week(s), Events, etc)
- Oversee the Algoma University Students’ Union podcast (AURA) by creating, editing, and overseeing podcast episodes. This may also include managing an assistant.
- Oversee the Sentient by creating, editing, and overseeing the articles posted. This may also include managing an assistant.
- Must be enrolled in a post secondary degree in program such as English, Computer Science, Media or Public Relations, Graphic Design, Communications or other related program
- Looking for a passionate, outgoing, approachable students who is professional with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Minimum 1 year of experience working or volunteering
- Must be eligible to legally work in Canada
- Experience in a supervisory role and team leadership skills is an asset
- Comfortable working independently, remotely, and in an outdoor and office setting
- Preference will be given to currently enrolled Algoma University Students first and secondly recent graduates
If you are looking for a challenging and deeply rewarding opportunity and you believe you meet the requirements to be successful in this role, Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com by Monday August 30th, 2021 at 4:00PM (EST)
This eight month contract position offers a Competitive Base Wage of $15/Hour plus a flexible work environment and Extended Healthcare & Dental Benefit Package. A contract extension will be considered based on performance. Only those advancing to the interview stage will be contacted.
AUSU is an equal opportunity employer who offers a diverse work environment. Applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.