Are you interested in student government, advocacy, and policy? Are you organized, accountable, and impartial? If so, this job may be for you!
AUSU is hiring a Deputy Returning Officer (DRO) to run our upcoming elections!
The DRO is responsible for assisting the CRO with the AUSU elections responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- The hiring and training of 2 polling clerks.
- Polling clerks may not be an elected official or university employee
- The hiring and training of polling clerks
- Obtaining a voters list from the Algoma University Registrar in order to verify a voter’s identity
- Securing voting spaces on campus to set up polling stations as well as obtain tables and chairs
- Prepare and maintain the voter registration database
- Obtain ballot boxes, seals, laptops and voter screens
- Organize and run the All Candidates Meeting(s)
- Verify all nomination forms have valid signatures
- Approval of all campaigning material
- Adjudicate and provide rulings on complaints filed by candidates during the electoral process
- Publicly display election results and certify results as legally binding after giving a minimum of twenty-four (24) hours from the posting of the results for appeals
- Prepare the CRO’s report to be presented to the Board for ratification
The remuneration for this position will be paid by honorarium for each semester. The term for this position will begin in October, 2021 and end on April 30, 2022.
If you are looking for a challenging and deeply rewarding opportunity and you believe you meet the requirements to be successful in this role, Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday October 6th, 2021 at 4:00PM (EST)
AUSU is an equal opportunity employer who offers a diverse work environment. Applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.