Start Date: Immediately
Application Deadline: Position will remain posted until filled.
The main duties of the Timmins Life Coordinator are, but not limited to the following:
- Each shall be responsible for developing, coordinating and administering the AUSU communication and marketing strategies in conjunction with the AUSU Executive Committee and Communications Officer to maximize members awareness of the union, its objectives, services, events and campaigns for each of their respective campuses.
- Shall act as the liaison between AUSU Timmins, its members and the AUSU Board in Sault ste Marie.
- Shall be signing officer of the AUSU Timmins bank account
- Shall develop annual budgets for the Timmins Campus in coordination with the Executive Committee and under the direction of AUSU staff when needed
- Shall coordinate the programming and delivery of all AUSU events at the Timmins Satellite Campus in conjunction with the AUSU Executive Team and Program Coordinator where necessary
- Shall be responsible for working with the Executive Committee to ensure that all Timmins events/campaigns are planned and executed successfully
- Shall be responsible for working with the Staff Executive Director and Finance and Accounting Technician to ensure all Bank statements, income, expenses and receipts are kept in an organized manner and sent to AUSU Sault Ste Marie, on a monthly basis for bookkeeping.
- Shall maintain the minimum required posted office hours per week within the academic year
- Shall attend weekly executive committee meetings and monthly board meetings as planned
- Complete other duties as required
Additional Desired Skill Sets:
- Charismatic, outgoing and approachable
- Great communication skills
- Experience in promotion, event planning and budget management
- Organized and accountable
- Strong creative and planning skills
- Commitment to working in a shared leadership role and as a team
- Ability to multi-task, working on more than one project at a time
- Ability to take direction and provide leadership accordingly
- Possess the necessary conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Possess the ability to see the big picture as well as ability to focus on details when necessary
- Ability to respond well to constructive criticism and work as a team
The successful candidate must be enrolled in at least one academic course per semester, be in good standing and must be physically present in Timmins, ON. Attendance is expected of AUSU Executives at events and programs that support AUSU initiatives. Work hours are flexible and you will be expected to work a minimum of 15 hours/week, some evenings and weekends may be required (virtual accomodations will be provided during covid-19). Remuneration for this role is $15.00/hour, with in lieu hours instead of paid overtime.
If you are looking for a challenging and deeply rewarding opportunity and you believe you meet the requirements to be successful in this role, please submit a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com by Wednesday June 9, 2021 at 4:00PM EST.