Student Involvement Opportunities
– Chief Returning Officer (CRO)
– Deputy Returning Officer (DRO)
– Timmins Campus Life Coordinator
Click here to see full job postings
Applications are due by Wednesday October 6th at 4PM (EST)
Clubs & Services Day
October 7th 10am-2pm
Student Run Clubs are a fantastic way to get involved in student life, learn new skills, gain valuable job experience and co-curricular credit while being a student here at AlgomaU.
If you are the leader of an existing club or interested in starting a new club be sure to register for ratification and/or a spot at our hybrid club day! Using our Google Form: https://forms.gle/T5HfSSryYJmNkeRj7
For students interested in joining a club
Join us 10-2pm! and please stay tuned for details on our upcoming online club day 🙂
Speakeasy (SSM Campus)
Student Lounge B201-202 (Brampton Campus)
Student VIP Health Plan – The Fall 21′ Opt-In Period is Now Open
Closes October 15, 2021
If you are full-time (i.e. taking 12 or more credits in the Fall semester) you will be automatically enrolled in the plan. No further action is required on your behalf.
- You are only required to opt-in or out once per academic year.
- Coverage extends from September 1, 2021, through to August 31, 2022.
- You must provide proof of alternative coverage or be a part-time student in order to be eligible to opt-out.
- Dependents/spouses should be enrolled at the same time when you enrol. Payment will be charged to your credit card or student account depending on the method of enrolment.
- You are required to register on the Medavie Blue Cross Portal or website in order to activate and receive your digital plan card. Plan cards will not be physically issued this semester.
- The cost of the plan per individual is $320 per academic year. Please contact AUSU for dependent, spousal and spring rates.
- The plan is non-refundable outside of the opt-out period and/or if any of the benefits were used.
Exceptions will be made for international students enrolled online but studying outside of Canada.
Should you have any questions or need help accessing your benefits, please contact email@example.com
AUSU Food Pantry
The Algoma University Students’ Union Food Pantry is here to help for your emergency food security needs and works in consultation with the student body to address food insecurity issues.
We are open
Tuesday’s 1-7pm and Friday’s from 11- 4pm
Appointments Must be made Online
- Appointments must be made through the Google Calendar
- Please list your dietary requirements and preferred items when you make your appointment.
- The pantry will do its best to meet your requests but will not be able to guarantee exact items.
- If you cannot make your appointment please cancel it on the calendar, as we have coordinators on site who are expecting and waiting for you.
Follow us on social media to see updates about the garden and what is available. If you would like any of the items from the garden, please contact either the People’s Garden Coordinator or the Food Pantry Coordinator and we can assist you.
Academic Support Strategist & Mediator
Formerly known as Ombudsperson, I offer various services meant to support students when they encounter problems and concerns at Algoma University. In this supportive position, I help students who might otherwise fall through the cracks. I can offer assistance with issues such as:
- Academic Appeals / Social Programs
- AlgomaU Assistance
- General Help
- Complaints / Student Issues
If you have any questions or concerns contact Tyler at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay Up to Date on all things AUSU!
Click to see our Linktree and access all our Links at once!
Follow us on Social Media
Facebook @ Algoma University Students’ Union
Instagram @ AUSU82
Youtube @ Algoma University Students’ Union
Follow our Google Calendar
Never miss an event on any campus by following our google calendar!